Improve PDF save

For making suggestions and/or requests for new features you'd like added to EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

TimGrun

Improve PDF save

Postby TimGrun » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:53 am

spoolsave.pdf
(43.13 KiB) Downloaded 432 times
SEPSPOOL.pdf
(39.48 KiB) Downloaded 368 times
printtest.WF1
(67.42 KiB) Downloaded 363 times

When I print a spool from the File->Print windows command, the graphs look crisp and well defined. When I use the EViews <spool>.save command, some of the lines appear to be have duplicate line segments slightly shifted on top of each other.
I have tried this with EViews 8 and EViews 9 64 bit Standard Edition - May 20 2015 build.
I am enclosing the spool file and the PDF from a EViews <spool>.save file(spoolsave.pdf). The File->Print PDF version is sepspool.pdf.

Thanks,
Tim

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Re: Improve PDF save

Postby EViews Jason » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:16 pm

Hi Tim,

Can you post a screenshot of where you are seeing the difference? The only difference I see when using the Windows 8 System Viewer is one has a grey background otherwise they appear the same.

Please also list what software product you are using to view the PDFs.

TimGrun

Postby TimGrun » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:25 pm

Hi Jason,

The pdf created by using <spool>.save(t=pdf) within EViews was attached in the previous email.
If you look closely at the pdf (400%), the blue line near the end is thicker in an uneven way. This is not the
case with the sespool.pdf graph.

For other graphs we produce, that for security reasons I am unable to send you, this is much more
pronounced and has been deemed unacceptable for production exhibits.
You could generate your own tests from the previously attached workfile or your own spools, use File->Print and <spool>.save(t=pdf) to generate
two pdfs to compare.

You pointed out that the EViews generated graph has a grey background. Can I generate the pdf without the grey background?

Thanks for your help,
Tim

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:55 pm

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately even at %400 I am not seeing the problem. Please send a screenshot to support@eviews.com showing the differences.

For your second question, there isn't a command line option to do so, but you can set the graph background to white. To change the background to a graph that already exists within a spool, double the click the graph such that you are editing the graph and once you are in edit mode, double click the graph again to change any graph specific settings. The background color can be found in Frame & Size->Color & Border.

Alternatively if you regenerate the spool and graph from a program for example, you change the default graph background color to white by selecting Options->Graphics Defaults... The background color will also be found in Frame & Size->Color & Border.

Return to “Suggestions and Requests”