Excluding textboxes in graphs

For making suggestions and/or requests for new features you'd like added to EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

johansamuelsson

Excluding textboxes in graphs

Postby johansamuelsson » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:31 pm

Hi

I have a suggestion about excluding textboxes in graphs (headlines).

When creating a graph (line) via code with just one series Eviews creates a textbox with the name (or the display name) above the graph. When creating a distplot Eviews creates a textbox on top of the graph and on the left side of the graph. When creating a graph (line) via code with two series or more there will be no textbox.

The technique I have been recommended to erase the textboxes in the two first graphs in the example above is to create a white textbox over the existing textboxes, which normally works fine.

But when saving them to a file (for example as emf-file) the size of the graph are slightly different. Ie there is a white area on top of the first graph, and in the second graph there is a white area on top and to the left in the second graph. You could manually clicking at the textboxes and then erase them and finaely save them to emf to get exakt the same size of the graphs.

I would therefore like to have an option in code where you could exlude the automatically generated textboxerna (headlines)

Regards Johan

johansamuelsson

Re: Excluding textboxes in graphs

Postby johansamuelsson » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:39 am

What about this?

Regards Johan

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:28 am

We will look into it.

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:48 pm

In the next patch for EViews 9, if you dont specify a text string, the preexisting text object (if there is one) will be removed.

for example

Code: Select all

mygraph.addtext(t)  'remove the text the object located at the top

Return to “Suggestions and Requests”