Wide +/- function for individual monthly series

For making suggestions and/or requests for new features you'd like added to EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

farrel

Wide +/- function for individual monthly series

Postby farrel » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:53 am

Dear Eviews,

I think it would be more helpful if the wide+/- button for individual monthly series were to show 12 months in the row, but not 6 months as it is now.
It's so cranky to look through every second row to catch a dynamics of series during several years.
When one needs to figure out seasonality pattern over last years, the current method of wide+/- is a bit inconvenient.

thank you

Andrei

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Wide +/- function for individual monthly series

Postby EViews Gareth » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:04 am

You might find putting your single series into a group, and then using dated data tables useful.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

farrel

Postby farrel » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:50 am

This is the way, which facilitates an analysis, that's true. But the number of mouse clicks to approach dated table with monthly changes for single series still could be reduced ... And I think modifying wide+/- is excellent way of doing it.

Best regards
Andrei

farrel

Postby farrel » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:56 am

Guys,

Anyway, is it possible to add the button "Dated Data Table" to the view of single series as well?
Otherwise it's ridiculous to add series in the group, then delete it from group, and only then make Dated Data Table.
I don't see any trouble in there

Return to “Suggestions and Requests”