Series object navigation options

For making suggestions and/or requests for new features you'd like added to EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

jmlmtl

Series object navigation options

Postby jmlmtl » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:25 am

I'd like to request the ability to navigate within a series object window in a more advanced fashion than simply scrolling and/or using page up/down.

My firm uses EViews 8 for all of its data analysis and chart production requirements, and we often deal with workfiles that have a substantial amount of historical data in high frequency (example: daily data with a sample of 1950 - 2014).

When editing/viewing a series with this many observations, it would be very helpful to have some navigation options such as:

1) Being able to navigate to and select the first and last non-NA observation of the series
2) Being able to navigate to and select the observation at a specific observation ID
3) Being able to navigate to and select the observation at a specific date <<< this option would be especially helpful

Essentially what I am asking for is a "Go To" option, similar to what is available in Microsoft Excel when using the Ctrl+G shortcut (which both navigates the worksheet to have the target cell in view AND selects the cell), but with a few more options.

I understand that not all users may be working with series that have 10,000+ observations, but we do this quite a bit and it would dramatically improve our productivity. Also, while I'm not a programmer, it seems like a relatively straightforward change to make.

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Suggestions and Requests”