Expected to see Eviews Workfiles Encryption

For making suggestions and/or requests for new features you'd like added to EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

merito

Expected to see Eviews Workfiles Encryption

Postby merito » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:57 pm

Hi All and Eviews Team,

I am heavily rely on the program of Eviews estimation everyday, and it is bravo to see the Programs can be encrypted , however , by the commercial practice , sometimes, the Work-file contains confidential business information and do not want to leakage to the third party user when transition of the Eviews work-files.

So it is highly expected to see advanced work-file encryption option when new higher version of the Eviews appears.

Technique speaking, it is not difficult to add such module into Eviews-Work files, so , in order to built up an more popular Eviews commercial environment, I strongly advice your esteemed team to develop such an option.

Shu Chen

EViews Glenn
EViews Developer

Re: Expected to see Eviews Workfiles Encryption

Postby EViews Glenn » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:13 pm

It is an interesting idea and I can understand the appeal

There are, however, legal issues that make this not quite as simple a request as one might think. Given this fact and the existence of third-party encryption tools which can be used to encrypt a workfile, this feature is currently not high on our list for upcoming versions.

That, of course, could change, but I wanted to give you an honest assessment. Thank you for the feedback.

merito

Re: Expected to see Eviews Workfiles Encryption

Postby merito » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:57 pm

When such issue and new upgrade come true, I am very pleased to see Eviews become a leading forecasting commmercial software among daliy financial trades ! LOL ~

Thanks, and looking forward.

Return to “Suggestions and Requests”