Hansen Test Eviews

For requesting general information about EViews, sharing your own tips and tricks, and information on EViews training or guides.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

Nabila99

Hansen Test Eviews

Postby Nabila99 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:53 am

Good Afternoon.
It would be a great assistance for me if anyone can help me with my query.
How can I run Hansen test on eviews? (using GMM)
Any command to run the test or steps to follow?
note: I am using eviews 11 (student version)

GradyTurner

Re: Hansen Test Eviews

Postby GradyTurner » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:32 am

To run the Hansen test in EViews 11
Step 1: Perform the GMM estimation
First, you need to estimate your GMM model. Make sure you have already set up your GMM specification and identified the instruments. For this example, I assume you have already run the GMM estimation and stored the results in a named equation object, let's call it "gmm_eq."

Step 2: Open the equation window
Go to the "Quick" menu, then select "Estimate Equation" or simply press "Ctrl + E."

Step 3: Load the GMM equation
In the equation window, click on the drop-down arrow next to "Equation" and select your GMM equation ("gmm_eq" in this case) from the list.

Step 4: Open the test options
Below the equation specification box, you will find a series of tabs. Click on the "Test" tab.

Step 5: Choose Hansen test
Under the "Test Equation" drop-down menu, select "Hansen (Overidentification) Test."

Step 6: Set options (if needed)
You can set additional options for the test, such as the confidence level and other test-specific options. The default values should be appropriate in most cases.

Step 7: Run the Hansen test
Click on the "OK" button to run the Hansen test. EViews will compute the test and display the results.

Step 8: Interpret the results
Once the test is complete, you will see the results displayed in a new output window. Look for the test statistic, degrees of freedom, and the p-value associated with the Hansen test. The null hypothesis of the Hansen test is that the overidentification restrictions are valid. A small p-value (typically below 0.05) would lead to rejecting the null hypothesis, suggesting that the overidentification restrictions are not valid, which might indicate a problem with the model.
Car For Sale Simulator 2023 APK is een aantrekkelijk spel voor spelers om hun favoriete bedrijf te ervaren en veel dingen te leren. Download op de https://getmodnow.com/car-for-sale-simulator-2023.html -website om nu te spelen.

Return to “General Information and Tips and Tricks”