disable repeating code at command line

For requesting general information about EViews, sharing your own tips and tricks, and information on EViews training or guides.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

cbonham

disable repeating code at command line

Postby cbonham » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Using EViews 9.5

Is there any way to turn off the mirroring or repeating of lines of code executed at the command line? I searched the forum and options and can't find one.

Thanks
Carl

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: disable repeating code at command line

Postby EViews Steve » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:11 am

Check the command capture setting by going to the Options menu/General Options/Command capture and make sure the "Send command capture to Command Capture Window Only" is selected.

If this doesn't help, please provide some more details and a screenshot of what you are seeing.

Steve

cbonham

Postby cbonham » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:34 pm

I have set command capture to "Send command capture to Command Capture Window Only".

I typed one line of code and ran it (hit enter/return). Then I typed the second line of code and ran it. (See screen1)
Screen1.png
on first execution
Screen1.png (256.82 KiB) Viewed 2666 times

When I move my cursor to the first line and run it again, the code is repeated as line three. When I move my cursor to line two and hit return, that line of code runs and is then repeated as line 4. (See screen 2)
Screen2.png
running second time, creates duplicate lines of code
Screen2.png (268.17 KiB) Viewed 2666 times

Sorry for the full size images.
Not only is the behavior inconsistent, but after a few minutes of work on programs, the command line is overflowing with duplicate lines of code.

Carl

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:49 am

I'm not sure why you think the behaviour is inconsistent. It is very consistent - every command you issue (whether it is a new command or a re-issuing of an existing command) is shown in the command window.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

cbonham

Postby cbonham » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:30 am

Gareth,

The reason I say it is inconsistent is because the first time I put my cursor on line 1 of the code in the command line and hit return, that line of code is not duplicated. Same goes for the second line of code. But once I have two lines of code, when I put my cursor at the first line and hit return, that line is duplicated below the first two.

Regardless of whether it is a consistent behavior or not, I would love to make it go away. If there is an option I am missing lmk.

Thanks
Carl

Return to “General Information and Tips and Tricks”