READ ME

For requesting general information about EViews, sharing your own tips and tricks, and information on EViews training or guides.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

AASA

READ ME

Postby AASA » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:00 pm

Sorry to ask a simple question. How does one create a READ ME. I have searched EViews help and search engines, but could not find an answer.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: READ ME

Postby EViews Gareth » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:33 pm

What do you mean by READ ME?
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

AASA

Postby AASA » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:49 pm

When reviewing Professor Giles blog, I notice that he often has a READ ME note or file attached to his EViews examples that explain what he has done. I assumed that there must be some way to create such a note or file that was part of EViews. Also, looking at the "help" item on the top of the EViews workfile model page there is an example of a READ ME that discusses some aspects of EViews, but no mention about how to create such.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:36 pm

Still not sure what you're talking about. But perhaps you just mean to create a text object in the workfile, which you can do by clicking on Object->New Object, then selecting text.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

AASA

Postby AASA » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:18 pm

I think the confusion for me is that a text file was added to the workfile and titled READ ME. The text file seems like a good way to explain what one has done, to help the memory several months or years later.

Since EViews had added a READ ME in the Help Menu, I thought there was a distinct object defined as READ ME. I attached a file below showing the Help Menu from EViews and the READ ME item.

I think you solved the mystery for me.

Thanks
Attachments
READ ME.docx
(70.02 KiB) Downloaded 315 times

Return to “General Information and Tips and Tricks”