problem with converting quarterly data to monthly data

For requesting general information about EViews, sharing your own tips and tricks, and information on EViews training or guides.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

purlenn

problem with converting quarterly data to monthly data

Postby purlenn » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:14 am

Hi, I need to convert quarterly GDP data to monthly GDP data, I know how it is done viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3799 as described in the link, I tried again and again, I bouht this program but I cant get the values... when I did, it seems as if it converted the data to monthly but infact it doesn't, because it shows the same value for 3 months as in the quarter value. I mean, when I did it by using the program, if the quarterly GDP fata for 2015Q1 is 138, it gives the same value for the 1st 2nd and 3rd months, "138". My result workpage is attached below. It must be something diffrent as 120 for the 1st month, 150 for the 2nd month etc.. (as described in the link viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3799 ) Can anyone please help me... I need that data :cry:
Attachments
gdp result ready.WF1
(19.95 KiB) Downloaded 365 times

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: problem with converting quarterly data to monthly data

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:47 am

Repeating the quarterly value for each month in the quarter is a valid frequency conversion method. If you want to use a different conversion method, change the method on the paste special box
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

purlenn

Re: problem with converting quarterly data to monthly data

Postby purlenn » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:12 am

EViews Gareth wrote:Repeating the quarterly value for each month in the quarter is a valid frequency conversion method. If you want to use a different conversion method, change the method on the paste special box

Thank you. :oops:

Return to “General Information and Tips and Tricks”