WFRefresh after linking workfile with another workfile

For requesting general information about EViews, sharing your own tips and tricks, and information on EViews training or guides.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

MartinsFest

WFRefresh after linking workfile with another workfile

Postby MartinsFest » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:48 am

Hello,

I am exploring the commands wfopen, wfsave, wfclose and wfrefresh, and would love some clarification.

I am currently opening a workfile with the link-option, and saving it at another location (hoping it'll remain linked):

Code: Select all

wfopen(link) .\original\location\myworkfile
wfsave some\other\location\myworkfile
wfclose

Now, I make some changes in myworkfile at the original location before saving the workfile. (I have tried, seperately: changing series values, making new series, deleting existing series)

Then I open myworkfile at "some\other\location", and type wfrefresh, expecting for it to update with my changes. However, this is not the case.

May you please clarify wherein my mistake lies? Am I misunderstanding the usage of the link-option?

Please elaborate if there is a way to achieve a way to update values of the workfile in the new location without having to save and overwrite the workfiles. I would also like to know if refreshing would be more time efficient.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: WFRefresh after linking workfile with another workfile

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:13 am

The (link) option and the wfrefresh command only apply to links to external data sources. Workfiles are just stored in memory - you cannot "refresh" them. You'd need to close and reopen.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “General Information and Tips and Tricks”