Importing data from excel to eview 3.1 for panel data

For questions of any nature based on EViews 5 or earlier versions of EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

Aline_FS

Importing data from excel to eview 3.1 for panel data

Postby Aline_FS » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi,

I am trying to import data from excel to eview 3.1
As my professor said and as I read in the topics, I need to open, first of all, foreign data work file. But I cannot see this option in Eviews 3.1. I do not know if the problem is that all the information that I have is for recent versions of Eviews or I am doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Aline

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Importing data from excel to eview 3.1 for panel data

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:39 pm

You need File->Import->Read.

But, in all honesty, you'd be much better off getting a more recent version of EViews. If your professor is using a more recent version, there will be many many times that you won't be able to follow what he is doing.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

valeria

Re: Importing data from excel to eview 3.1 for panel data

Postby valeria » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:40 am

Hi Gareth,

I am trying to import excel files into eviews. In excel I have some time series, with names and descriptions. I want Eviews to:
1) read, not only the names, but also the description associated to each series.
2) Start reading the excel file, not from the first cell on the left, but from a different one.
I know how to do it directly on the platform (header lines:2, header type:Names in last line, Custom range:VA95!$B$5:$P$55 ), but not writing the command on the prg file.

I managed to solve the first problem, but I don't know how to specify the first cell. I give you my command:
import C:\Users\vpatella\Desktop\Modello\dati_progress.xlsx colhead=2 namepos=last range="afe" @freq a 1970

I would appreciate your help
Thank's
Valeria

Return to “EViews 5 and Earlier”