Unbalanced data set.

For questions of any nature based on EViews 5 or earlier versions of EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

vrinos

Unbalanced data set.

Postby vrinos » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:05 pm

Hello.
Am very desperate because am trying to balance my data . I am unable to much the dates of my data to the eview's calendar . To be more pressie for example i have to study the S&P500 index. The stock market in America is close every 4th of July but in eview's calendar this day exist so I have to put N/A in every 4th of July in my data but i have 3270 observation is there any way not to do it by hand ? Because every time i notice a mis-much i use the InsDel and the problem is solved for the specific date but i want to do it for all my sample instead of looking one by one my obs.
Thank you very much in advance

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Unbalanced data set.

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:06 pm

It sounds like you're trying to create a new workfile and then put your data into it. This is the wrong way to do it. If you already have a file somewhere (an Excel file, say) with one column containing dates and another containing your data, simply open that file in EViews, and EViews will work out the dating for you.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

vrinos

Postby vrinos » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:49 am

Thank you very much for your reply. You understand correctly what i want to do . Since am very new in using eviews can you tell me how to open a new work file. I have my data saved in a folder in excel . How am i going to import them in eviews ?

vrinos

Postby vrinos » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:54 am

I also want to inform you that am using eviews5 .I open the program and i create a new wok file for time series with daily data start date 01/03/2000 and end date 12/31/2012 Am trying to import my data through file/import/ and then i don't know what to use .

EViews Gareth

Postby EViews Gareth » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:31 am

Just use File->Open->Foreign Data as workfile.

vrinos

Postby vrinos » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:22 am

Thank you very much. In these way eviews will know that i want to process with time-series ?

EViews Gareth

Postby EViews Gareth » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:51 am

Yes.

Return to “EViews 5 and Earlier”