Pagesave compatibility between Eviews10 and earlier versions

For questions regarding programming in the EViews programming language.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Moderator, EViews Matt

jfranklin

Pagesave compatibility between Eviews10 and earlier versions

Postby jfranklin » Wed May 01, 2019 12:44 am

Hi,

I'm trying to repeat an analytical process that was originally completed in an earlier version of EViews, as part of the programme it uses the following pagesave command to save results into an excel file:

pagesave(type=excelxml, mode=update, attr) RESULTS @keep var1 var2 var3 var4

When this was run using older versions of Eviews this produced an Excel file with five columns (date plus four variables) and one header row with the "Name" of each variable. However, when I run the same command using EViews10 I get six columns and three header rows. The first column has titles for each of the header rows ("Name", "Display Name" and "Description") and the additional header rows have the relevant information corresponding to "Name", "Display Name" and "Description" for each variable.

It would be easier if I can produce an output Excel file that's consistent with what was produced previously. Is there anyway to suppress the additional column and header rows in Eviews10?

Kind Regards,

Jon

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: Pagesave compatibility between Eviews10 and earlier versions

Postby EViews Steve » Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 am

Mind sending me the workfile that you used to run the pagesave command on? You can email it to me at steve.yoo@ihsmarkit.com.

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: Pagesave compatibility between Eviews10 and earlier versions

Postby EViews Steve » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:41 pm

Thanks for sending me the workfile.

It turns out your PAGESAVE command specifies the "attr" option. This notifies EViews to save not just the data but also any non-blank attributes defined for each specified object.

The reason older versions of EViews didn't do this is because this option was only introduced in EViews 10. Older versions just ignore any command option it doesn't recognize.

If you remove the "attr" option you'll get the expected results.

Steve

Return to “Programming”