Where are custom colors stored ? How to change them ?

For questions regarding programming in the EViews programming language.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Moderator, EViews Matt

loulouviews

Where are custom colors stored ? How to change them ?

Postby loulouviews » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:10 am

Hello,

I am wondering where are custom colors are stored and if there a way to change them in a prg (rather than manually).
Best,
Louis

What I mean by custom colors, is this:
Attachments
customcolors.JPG
custom colors
customcolors.JPG (71.59 KiB) Viewed 3125 times

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Re: Where are custom colors stored ? How to change them ?

Postby EViews Jason » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:35 am

They are stored in your EViews INI/settings file. Unfortunately the values for the custom colors in the INI file are not easily decipherable. You will have to use the color dialog.

How are you planning on using the custom colors? If you are running program, there should be a command to set the color of any graph item. If there is item for which you cannot set the color, let us know and we will see if something can be implemented.

loulouviews

Re: Where are custom colors stored ? How to change them ?

Postby loulouviews » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:30 am

Ok thanks, I found it. Thank you veery much ! I change colors manually and save their encoding in the .ini.

The reason I was asking is that although I have templates for graphs, I like to have my own palette of colors to eventually change some colors by hand. So I have changed the default custom colors, but for some reasons, my palette disappears.

By the way, what could be awesome for graph design would be to be able to get the type of a graph in a prg (mixed, bar, line, etc) !

Best,

Louis

Return to “Programming”