Reference All Series Matching String Comparison

For questions regarding programming in the EViews programming language.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Moderator, EViews Matt

diggetybo

Reference All Series Matching String Comparison

Postby diggetybo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:24 am

Hey,

I'm trying to delete all series that contain the suffix "01" Let's say I have a string variable: %suffix = "01"

1. How do I construct the right kind of loop?
Conceivably, I could use for %i x1 x2 ... but I'd have to input them all here manually, as far as I can tell.
I guess I'm looking for something a little less labor-intensive (I have 20 series, and not named as systematically as "x1, x2", more like casual syntax, i.e., exper, married, ect) Is there someway to loop all existing series, then narrow it down with an if clause, to only call d x1 if x1's series name contains the string: "01" ?

2. For this kind of comparison, I'd need to match the string of the series name to containing %suffix as part of its string value. I didn't see this kind of string operator in the eviews help section, but that wouldn't be the first time I missed something obvious. So question #2 is what string operators would be appropriate here? To reiterate, I'm targeting series like: "exper01", as opposed to a series whose actual name is "01"

In any event, please leave me a line,

Thank you

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Reference All Series Matching String Comparison

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:42 am

diggetybo wrote:Hey,

I'm trying to delete all series that contain the suffix "01" Let's say I have a string variable: %suffix = "01"

Code: Select all

delete *01
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

diggetybo

Re: Reference All Series Matching String Comparison

Postby diggetybo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:26 am

Wow, that was a much easier fix than I had in mind. Thank you!

In fact, since it's my 100th post, I feel obliged to thank Eviews Gareth & Jason, and all the knowledgeable members of this forum. Your continued support has made a big impact on my use of this product, and contributed to my decision to upgrade to eviews 9 a few months ago. :wink:

Return to “Programming”