Weight least squares

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

mumpenhour

Weight least squares

Postby mumpenhour » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:03 pm

I have a model that I'm running and I know the weight that I need to add to the model. I want to know how to do it with the menus meaning that I select quick the estimate equation. I have done the weighted least squares the tedious way, but I would like to know how to do it in a faster way. I have looked at the weights menu in options for and LS model but I don't know which options to choice meaning variance st. deviation, and also scaling doesn't make much sense either. I have select many of these options and they do not give the same output as in my textbook. I want to know how to do a simple weight in eviews.

EViews Glenn
EViews Developer

Re: Weight least squares

Postby EViews Glenn » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:49 pm

How would you like your weights to be used?

mumpenhour

Postby mumpenhour » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:49 pm

I was trying to correct the variance of a model that exhibited heteroskedasticity.

startz
Non-normality and collinearity are NOT problems!

Postby startz » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:32 pm

If your weights are proportional to the variance, use the variance option. If they are proportional to the standard deviation, use the standard deviation option.

Return to “Estimation”