Bootstrapped Skewness-Ajusted t-statistic

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

michael

Bootstrapped Skewness-Ajusted t-statistic

Postby michael » Tue May 12, 2009 12:48 am

Hi,

does anyone know if Eviews can calculate a bootstrapped skewness adjusted t-statistic. The formula should look something like the one in the attached wordfile.

Thx.
Attachments
Dok1.doc
(36.5 KiB) Downloaded 525 times

michael

Re: Bootstrapped Skewness-Ajusted t-statistic

Postby michael » Tue May 12, 2009 4:02 am

Maybe I need to give you some more information on what I want to do. I want to calculate the abnormal return between a stock and a benchmark portfolio. As the stock returns are positively skewed, the t-statistic is likely to be wrong and this is why I need to apply the bootstrapped skewness adjusted t-statistic.

trubador
Did you use forum search?

Postby trubador » Tue May 12, 2009 7:45 am

Yes, Eviews can calculate the skewness adjusted t-statistic, since it is relatively a straightforward procedure. It seems you have the required formulas and variables. Then all you need is the "resample" procedure for bootstrapping in Eviews, which also allows you to assign weights.

michael

Postby michael » Tue May 12, 2009 10:31 am

Ok, resampling gives me a new resample for the return of the stock. However, I do not know how I get the know t-statistic, whereby in the numerator should be the (new resampled) return of the stock minus the return on the benchmark? Can someone please comment on that and give detailed instructions on how to do it.

What I am basically trying to do is calculating a buy-and-hold abnormal return with a bootstrapped skewness adjusted t-statistic.

Return to “Estimation”