INSIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF OBSERVATIONS

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

ANGELA

INSIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF OBSERVATIONS

Postby ANGELA » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:25 pm

WHEN ATTEMPTING TO ESTIMATE THE REGRESSION EQUATION, I KEEP GETTING AN ERROR THAT SAYS INSIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF OBSERVATIONS. I HAVE 51 OBSERVATIONS AS SHOWN BUT I DONT SEE WHERE IM MAKING THIS MISTAKE. PLEASE ADVISE. THANKS

startz
Non-normality and collinearity are NOT problems!

Re: INSIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF OBSERVATIONS

Postby startz » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:37 pm

ANGELA wrote:WHEN ATTEMPTING TO ESTIMATE THE REGRESSION EQUATION, I KEEP GETTING AN ERROR THAT SAYS INSIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF OBSERVATIONS. I HAVE 51 OBSERVATIONS AS SHOWN BUT I DONT SEE WHERE IM MAKING THIS MISTAKE. PLEASE ADVISE. THANKS

You need to post more information. Show your equation, or even better post your workfile including the equation you're trying to estimate.

But as a hunch, do you have more than 51 variables?

yohoyihi

Re: INSIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF OBSERVATIONS

Postby yohoyihi » Mon May 04, 2009 8:26 am

try to change your regional setting into US Version If it is not an us version. Close your eviews, then open windows control panel, and look for regional settings, double clicks then change into US Version first. Restart your eviews. :wink:

Return to “Estimation”