SVAR estimation

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

rajusssihl

Re: SVAR estimation

Postby rajusssihl » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:31 am

Hi All,

when i am trying to use E-Views 7 for estimating SVAR, unfortunately, when i estimate and re-estimate the same equation without any change, the values are changing.

I really do not understand why this is happening. Do any one of you have any idea?

Kindly help me out. Is there any option or something like that, so the values do not change.

Awaiting for the early response, and thanking you in advance for the help...

pls... pls... help me out, this is urgent.

rajusssihl

Postby rajusssihl » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:31 am

Hi All,

when i am trying to use E-Views 7 for estimating SVAR, unfortunately, when i estimate and re-estimate the same equation without any change, the values are changing.

I really do not understand why this is happening. Do any one of you have any idea?

Kindly help me out. Is there any option or something like that, so the values do not change.

Awaiting for the early response, and thanking you in advance for the help...

pls... pls... help me out, this is urgent.

JuanNicolasDamico

Postby JuanNicolasDamico » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:58 am

I have replicated some of the results from Stock and Watson (2001), https://youtu.be/SbE8ns0oOTs
Last edited by JuanNicolasDamico on Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

startz
Non-normality and collinearity are NOT problems!

Postby startz » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:10 am

rajusssihl wrote:Hi All,

Any nonlinear estimation depends on the starting values. These are kept in the c vector. If you set c=0 before starting an estimation, you will probably get the same answers each time. Of course, if you re-run the estimate and get different answers you may want to check to see if the objective function has continued to improve.

Return to “Estimation”