Breusch-Godfrey Serial Correlation LM

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

tg128

Breusch-Godfrey Serial Correlation LM

Postby tg128 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:34 pm

how can I use the Breusch-Godfrey Serial Correlation LM test in EView 6, what do I suppose to put in the blank area please?

also for the ARCH LM test, what is WGTRESID? is that standarized residual or just squared error terms??

How can I make standarized residual series please?

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:24 pm

Which "blank" area are you talking about? If you're using the Breusch-Goodfrey Serial Correlation LM Test from the menus, there is no "blank" area...

WGTRESID are the residuals, weighted by whatever weight series you used in the original equation.

tg128

Postby tg128 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:39 am

QMS Gareth wrote:Which "blank" area are you talking about? If you're using the Breusch-Goodfrey Serial Correlation LM Test from the menus, there is no "blank" area...

WGTRESID are the residuals, weighted by whatever weight series you used in the original equation.

Sorry, I meant the Breusch-Pagan-Godfrey test...

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:47 am

tg128 wrote:
QMS Gareth wrote:Which "blank" area are you talking about? If you're using the Breusch-Goodfrey Serial Correlation LM Test from the menus, there is no "blank" area...

Sorry, I meant the Breusch-Pagan-Godfrey test...

Whichever regressors you wish to use in the auxiliary regression for the BPG Test. The standard, text-book, approach is to use the regressors from the original equation (and EViews usually adds those variables to that white box by default).

tg128

thanks

Postby tg128 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:54 am

thanks

Return to “Estimation”