Interpreting VEC output

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

coconutter

Interpreting VEC output

Postby coconutter » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:07 am

Hi,

I have tested for a cointegrating relationship and one exists, so I've estimated a VECM with four endogenous variables, and no exogenous variables. There are enough observations. I'm just wondering how exactly to rewrite the EViews output into equations, in particular the first equation as it is the modelling of consumption that I am most interested in.

So what I want to know is: how do I rewrite the output (see attached Word file) and what is the best approach in interpreting the results for consumption modelling?

EDIT: There are two lags on each variable, I've just not included all of the EViews output in the Word file. I just need the general jist to form all of the equations.

Thank you.
Attachments
VEC output.docx
(49 KiB) Downloaded 445 times

wahab907

Re: Interpreting VEC output

Postby wahab907 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:42 am

by looking at your results it seem that no short run relationship exits between the variables except D(Consupt) and D(consumpt(-2)) and D(realant(-2)) & D(disposy). In order to write your results you need to look at peered review papers and write your results in scientific way.

Thanks
Wahab
wahab.907@gmail.com

fmgoto

Re: Interpreting VEC output

Postby fmgoto » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:15 pm

Just checking, but the first part of a VEC output displays the actual "beta's" and not "-beta's", correct?

Coconutter may have been refering to if one can translate Eviews output to

Code: Select all

1 - 40504*REALINT +89.69*DISPOSY - 1.08*HOUSE

or

Code: Select all

1 + 40504*REALINT -89.69*DISPOSY + 1.08*HOUSE

I would appreciate if anyone could clear this out, for I could not find the spec in the Command Reference (though I must confess I haven't looked up that hard... sorry!).

Thank You, Fabio

Return to “Estimation”