SVAR short and long-run restriction

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

ksa

SVAR short and long-run restriction

Postby ksa » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:10 am

Dear, All.

I am currently working on replicating Bjornland and Dag Henning Jacobsen 2013("House prices and stock prices: Different roles in the U.S. monetary transmission mechanism)(http://home.bi.no/a0310125/BH_SJE_2013.pdf) by running an SVAR model with both short-term and long-term constraints. Despite applying the constraints as depicted in the image, I am encountering some issues. If I don't check the 'normalize sign', I face a 'near singular matrix' error. Moreover, in its current state, the model is yielding under-identified results, and the impulse response is not observable. I would be immensely grateful for any guidance or suggestions on how to address these challenges for a more accurate estimation.
Attachments
Question.docx
(135.47 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

EViews Matt
EViews Developer

Re: SVAR short and long-run restriction

Postby EViews Matt » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:17 am

Hello,

I believe the restrictions you've currently applied to the B matrix should instead be applied to the S matrix. The A and B matrices will then be unrestricted.

Return to “Estimation”