Newbie EVIEWS user - need technical assistance for forecasting commands/codes

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

casablanca

Newbie EVIEWS user - need technical assistance for forecasting commands/codes

Postby casablanca » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:45 pm

i have run an ARIMA (1,1,2) model with GDP Growth Rate as the dependent variable and I added Consumer Price Index as a independent variable. My sample size is annual from 1964 to 2019. The model generated only gave the forecast for the year 1964 to 2019. my question is how to generate the forecast for the succeeding years. I am new in EVIEWS so i am not quite acquainted with the commands as of date. your feedback is highly appreciated. thanks
arima eviews.png
arima eviews.png (19.85 KiB) Viewed 6898 times

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Newbie EVIEWS user - need technical assistance for forecasting commands/codes

Postby EViews Gareth » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:50 pm

Do you have CPI data over the forecast period?
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

casablanca

Re: Newbie EVIEWS user - need technical assistance for forecasting commands/codes

Postby casablanca » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:05 pm

i do not have the CPI data for the succeeding years though. but in case i have, what will i do? should i just the data to the series? or are there any additional commands ? thanks

casablanca

Postby casablanca » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:06 pm

EViews Gareth wrote:Do you have CPI data over the forecast period?

i do not have the CPI data for the succeeding years though. but in case i have, what will i do? should i just the data to the series? or are there any additional commands ? thanks

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:42 pm

If you had data there, the forecasts would probably work ok.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

casablanca

Postby casablanca » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:34 pm

EViews Gareth wrote:If you had data there, the forecasts would probably work ok.

tried to add some data for the CPI (2020-2025) but it didn't work quite well though. the generated value is the same for the next 6 years.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (59.5 KiB) Viewed 6872 times

Return to “Estimation”