covid-19 project

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

nicolaev

covid-19 project

Postby nicolaev » Thu May 07, 2020 12:53 pm

Hello, i have to work on a project about the Covid-19 for my Econometric course at the university. But have no idea about how to work with eviews or with econometric models. The project is really large, i hope someone will help me. Thank you
so, i have to collect data for 3 variables: confirmed cases, deaths and recoveries for Hubei, Italy and Spain and work with them.
This is just one question of the projectt: If you compute the main statistics (mean, median and variance) up to 3/25/2020 for all variables/countries you will find considerable signs of volatility (how?). Your advisor suggest that you divide your whole sample in weeks and look at the weekly results. What do you find when you do such operation? Are results more reliable? Please, note that at the beginning there are not Italian nor Spanish data.

Return to “Estimation”