State Space Modeling

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

Ajim

State Space Modeling

Postby Ajim » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi, I am trying to use State-space model for robustness test of my another model,
In My first Model I used an equation like this Y = c+ b1 X1 + B2 X2+ E
and then I did a rolling analysis to identify the effect of a Dummy variable say D1 on the estimated coefficient of of X2 = (b2).
Now One reviewer asked me to use a single model like state-space model for the robustness test of my model. I am new to this model, I however, read a number of papers on this model, but I can't use this on E-views (if I use the model using signal and state equation its giving me an abnormal estimation and a flat line)
Can I use state-space model to get the similar result as I got from rolling analysis, and can I graph the estimated coefficient for dummy variable.
Can someone help me with the keyword and variable specification (which variable should go where) in state space model.

Thank you in advance.

EViews Glenn
EViews Developer

Re: State Space Modeling

Postby EViews Glenn » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:18 pm

Sorry I didn't see this until just now.

http://www.eviews.com/help/helpintro.ht ... Views.html

You want your coefficients to be recursive.

Return to “Estimation”