FAVAR model estimation

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

sivek

FAVAR model estimation

Postby sivek » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:23 am

Hi!!

Please help. I am trying to run a FAVAR model using the FAVAR add-in but its giving me a response which says "factor 1 is not the same length as sample." it my first time running a FAVAR. Secondly what the appropriate minimum number of variables if one is to successful run a FAVAR model.

Regards

SK

dakila

Re: FAVAR model estimation

Postby dakila » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:37 pm

I think you should change the sample size because you may have the missing values after the transformation of the variables. Next time you should ask question in the Add=in support section.

uurak

Re: FAVAR model estimation

Postby uurak » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:48 am

Hi;

I'm sorry for dumb question but I've needed some clearance. To determine the number of factors, there are two ways, if I'm not wrong. Principal component analysis and Nai&Bg (2002) test. However, is it possible to run Bai&Ng test in Eviews, or in any other programme?

I've found this code, but I'm not sure because he emphasizes panel data in the description below:
"This code computes the various panel criteria proposed by Bai and Ng (2002) to determine the number of factors in a multifactor model of large dimension. "

Thanks.

Return to “Estimation”