Impulse Response Function in VECM

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

cjr977

Impulse Response Function in VECM

Postby cjr977 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi,

I have estimated a VECM for 10 variables with 4 cointegrating equations, and am consequently using IRFs as my primary source for interpreting the impact of each of the system's variables on y.

However, I am confused by the interpretation of the EViews IRF output. All of my variables are natural logs, and the IRFs show the accumulated response to generalised one s.d. innovations. However, I am primarily interested in the impact of a 1% change in Xi on y, expressed in terms of an x% change in y. Are the impulse response functions, at present, expressing the results as an x s.d. change in y? E.g. a 1 s.d. increase in Xi leads to an 0.8 s.d. change in y after 10 periods? If this is the case, is there a simple way to make EViews express the results in terms of percentage changes?

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Estimation”