Override/exclude in a model

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

jacarandas

Override/exclude in a model

Postby jacarandas » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi,

I am trying to replace an endogenous variable with the series that has the trajectory I want in a model. How do I do so with command? I have read up on the commands exclude and override, but am not sure if that can be done. So, rather than EViews solving for the variable endogenously, I want this to be replaced by a set of other values.

Thanks!

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Override/exclude in a model

Postby EViews Gareth » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:37 am

exclude it first (turning it from an endogenous variable into an exogenous one), then override it (telling EViews to use the alternate scenario values rather than the true/historical values). You'll have to create the trajectory series first.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

jacarandas

Postby jacarandas » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi!

I sidetracked from this issue and am faced with it again.

So, I managed to exclude the series from my model. It solves.

But, do you have to rerun the model to use override?

If the excluded series is called series1, what should the override be called? I assume the override will be the trajectory series I want.

Would appreciate more explanation on this as the object reference to do this is confusing me.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:59 pm

If the series you are overriding is called "Y" and the scenario under which you are overriding it has an alias of "_1", then the series containing the overriding values must be "Y_1". You must create that series in the workfile first (and fill it with the values you wish Y to use).
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Estimation”