Forecasting a time series model using ARIMA model

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

Saakshi

Forecasting a time series model using ARIMA model

Postby Saakshi » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:19 am

Hi,

I need to forecast a series using ARIMA procedure. So far I have regress the arima equation and is able to do the forecast. But my problem start when I want to forecast the series at 1 and 4 quarter. Actually I have to get an inflation expectation series which is forecasted at 1 quarter and 4 quarter. My series are on quarter basis. Through the help of eviews tutorial I am able to run the arima model but now I need to get the forecast for just one quarter and four quarter.

Please help.

thanks
Saakshi

Saakshi

Re: Forecasting a time series model using ARIMA model

Postby Saakshi » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:15 am

Hi,

I want to forecast CPI from 1996Q1 to 2016Q1. My data of CPI is for the same period. I am actually looking for E_t(CPI_t+1) i.e future inflation for every quarter from 1996Q1 to 2016Q1. This forecasting I need to do is by ARIMA 1 quarter that is it will cover one quarter and another by ARIMA 4 quarter. So far I am able to regress the ARIMA model but I am not able to forecast at 1 and 4 quarter.

Kindly help.

Thanks
Saakshi

Saakshi

Re: Forecasting a time series model using ARIMA model

Postby Saakshi » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:50 am

Please help me with this problem. I am stuck here. Kindly help.

Return to “Estimation”