Simple Estimation GMM

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

arno050

Simple Estimation GMM

Postby arno050 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:55 am

Dear all,

I'm a frequently user of eviews, but for simple models. I have to estimate now via the GMM procedure but I'm stuck with how to write the formula and the instrumental variables. I have tried a lot and researched a lot and tried but I didn't manage te estimate the equation. Can someone explain me exactly what to enter in the boxes(regression formula, instrument variables)?

There are 3 equations needed to be estimated:

EQ(1) DeltaPrice=(S/2)*Qt+(theta-1)*(S/2)*Q(t-1)+residual

Deltaprice is the price difference: Pt-P(t-1); S is the spread(which is calculated in a column); theta needs to be estimated; Qt is a indicator variable which takes values +1 and -1 and is also a time series
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EQ(2-3) DeltaPrice=(S/2)*Qt+(alpha+beta-1)*(S/2)*Q(t-1)-alpha*(1-2*gamma)*Q(t-2)+residual

Gamma needs to be acquired through another equation: Qt=(1-2*gamma)*Q(t-1)+residual

explanation is same but more variables(the greeks) need to be estimated

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ(4) DeltaPrice=(1-alpha)*(St/2)*Qt+(alpha+beta-1)*S(t-1)/2*Q(t-1)+residual

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone familiar with transforming equations using GMM into Eviews? I do not have background in statistics so it is a bit hard for me to convert anything in eviews. I managed to do it in R, but i'm not realy satisfied with this software.

If anyone would need additional info please notify me.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Estimation”