Dynamic Panel Data Estimation

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

kruupy

Dynamic Panel Data Estimation

Postby kruupy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:14 am

Hi all,

I have panel data spanning over two years (2003 and 2005) with 4862x2=9724 observations I would like to estimate a dynamic panel data model:

y c y(-1) a b c d

my instrument list is: @dyn(y,-2) a b c d

So, with the example from the help file by my side, I opened up the Dynamic Panel Data wizard and started entering in values that are as close to the example as possible, except using my variables as described above. After completing the wizard I clicked estimate and I got the error "Not Enough Observations" - this is pretty confusing to me as the example I was following only has 611 observations, so Im not really sure why im getting a complaint but the example didnt....

Cheers and Thanks,
Andrew.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Dynamic Panel Data Estimation

Postby EViews Gareth » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:38 pm

You don't have enough time periods.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

sunny

Re: Dynamic Panel Data Estimation

Postby sunny » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:41 am

hi guys,

How do you calculate minimum observation needed to undertake arellano bond GMM estimation (two step). The reason why i ask is because i am receiving message "number of instruments greater than number of observations" when i try to estimate using dynamic panel wizard. I have attached the workfile in which i fail to calcualte AB- 2 step dynamic panel data model.

Just wanted to be sure about 2 thing ?

1) Is it indeed lack of the observations cross section i presume) because of which i cannot perform dynamic panel estimation
2) How many cross section i need (some way to measure or a rough gauge) input to be able to perfrom dynamic panel estimattions

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
panel_imports.wf1
(70.96 KiB) Downloaded 303 times

Return to “Estimation”