Coputation of fitted values

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

oksanakim

Re: Coputation of fitted values

Postby oksanakim » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:20 pm

But this only confirms what I mentioned earlier that Heckit and manual estimation return completely different results. :D

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:37 pm

Again, without knowing exactly what you're doing, there's no way for us to help.

To start, if I were you, I'd take a look at what the code I posted does, take a look at what you're doing, and then compare to see how they differ.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

oksanakim

Postby oksanakim » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:40 pm

I estimate the first stage Probit (selection stage) (without a code, built-in options in Eviews) and then compute the Inverse mills ratio using the code. Then, I estimate OLS (built-in, not a code) and explicitly include a previously stored Imills as an additional explanatory variable. I don't think there is anything wrong with this algorithm, which is more transparent than Heckit. Plus, you confirmed my code for Imills calculation was valid. Thanks anyway.

Return to “Estimation”