Stacking Area Bands?

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

CharlieEVIEWS

Stacking Area Bands?

Postby CharlieEVIEWS » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:09 am

Dear all,

I am attempting (in vain!) to plot two area bands on the same graph. This would not be a problem if I were not also attempting to plot three other lines on the graph also! Using Eviews 8, I know that you can plot two (or three) area bands and a single line by choosing the 'mixed with lines' option, but, however, Eviews turns two of the series which i want to plot as lines into an area band graph by default if I choose an 'area band' graph type, and it only plots one area band graph and plots all remaining series as lines if I choose 'mixed with lines'.

Does anyone know if it is possible to 'stack' two area bands together onto one graph with three lines?

(I am actually plotting three confidence intervals and a median response on one graph. Two are mean group estimators, which I want as area bands, and one is a standard confidence interval and median response.)

Hope this is possible and I don't have to either plot all three confidence intervals as area bands, or omit one of the confidence intervals altogether!

Thanks for your time :)

Charlie.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Stacking Area Bands?

Postby EViews Gareth » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:15 am

Not currently possible.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

CharlieEVIEWS

Postby CharlieEVIEWS » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:20 am

Alas, I thought it was ambitious! Thanks for your speedy reply as always Gareth.

jfgeli

Postby jfgeli » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:35 am

Hi there, is this possible now?

jfgeli

Postby jfgeli » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:39 am

Found it!

Return to “Data Manipulation”