regression using variables of different pages

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

Ydwolf

regression using variables of different pages

Postby Ydwolf » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:22 am

I have a workfile, consisting of several pages. Now I want to run a regression using variables of different pages, for example, the simple regression: ar01 c smc
Is this possible or should I copy one variable from one page to another?
I have made sure that ar01 and smc have the same sample and range, but if I do copy ar01 to the page that contains the smc-variable, some values appear as "NA"..
Attachments
proxies_2004_2005_juist.wf1
(64.25 KiB) Downloaded 243 times

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: regression using variables of different pages

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:11 pm

You will need to copy them from one page to another, but there are a few snags:

1) 'year' on the page Ars is a number while 'var01' in the page 'meeste_proxies' is a date. So the first step is to make a variable 'yyyy' in Ars that is a date by

Code: Select all

series yyyy=@makedate(year,"yyyy")

2) Because the variables containing dates aren't called the same thing in the two pages, you need to explicitly name the id series during the copy: otherwise EViews is going to assume that you only want to match on country

3) There are spelling mistakes in the country names in the country series in meeste_proxies: Argentinia, Saoudi Arabia... These have to be fixed before they will be able to be matched.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Data Manipulation”