Problems with EPS graphs in Scientific Workplace

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

theeconomist

Problems with EPS graphs in Scientific Workplace

Postby theeconomist » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi,

when saving a graph in EPS format and importing it into a Scientific Workplace document, I have two related problems. First, the text in the graph label is horizontally compressed and very ugly. Second, the numbers on the left axis are too close to the axis and sometimes even overlap the axis.

Is there any way to fix the problem, or is it better to import the graph into SWP in some other way?

Thanks in advance!

startz
Non-normality and collinearity are NOT problems!

Re: Problems with EPS graphs in Scientific Workplace

Postby startz » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:27 pm

theeconomist wrote:Hi,

when saving a graph in EPS format and importing it into a Scientific Workplace document, I have two related problems. First, the text in the graph label is horizontally compressed and very ugly. Second, the numbers on the left axis are too close to the axis and sometimes even overlap the axis.

Is there any way to fix the problem, or is it better to import the graph into SWP in some other way?

Thanks in advance!

I made a sample eps and read it into Scientific Workplace. It did look strange. So I read it into Word. It looked strange in a different way. I opened it with IrfanView and it looked fine.

When I saved the graph as an EMF it came into Scientific Workplace correctly, if that helps

theeconomist

Re: Problems with EPS graphs in Scientific Workplace

Postby theeconomist » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:42 pm

Thanks!

For me it works with an WMF, but not EMF...

Return to “Data Manipulation”