Select command in Eviews

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

lbkova

Select command in Eviews

Postby lbkova » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:42 am

Hello!

Could you help me how I can select a series from a a workfile on which a couple of tests could be run? There are several series in the workfile and after running the Eviews program it does every test on the first series in the workfile...

Many thanks!

startz
Non-normality and collinearity are NOT problems!

Re: Select command in Eviews

Postby startz » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:46 am

lbkova wrote:Hello!

Could you help me how I can select a series from a a workfile on which a couple of tests could be run? There are several series in the workfile and after running the Eviews program it does every test on the first series in the workfile...

Many thanks!

Double-click on the series of interest. It wll open up. You can then choose tests from the View menu.

lbkova

Postby lbkova » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:54 am

Hello!

I know that method! I would like to do the same in an Eviews program... Something like: "select gdp" where the name of the series in "gdp"...

startz
Non-normality and collinearity are NOT problems!

Postby startz » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:05 am

lbkova wrote:Hello!

I know that method! I would like to do the same in an Eviews program... Something like: "select gdp" where the name of the series in "gdp"...

You use the name of the series, followed by a dot, followed by the relevant command. For example,

Code: Select all

gdp.hist

Return to “Data Manipulation”