Panel - mean/median in spreadsheet

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

Denmarkeco

Panel - mean/median in spreadsheet

Postby Denmarkeco » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:25 am

Att. Eviews 6 User's Guide II, p. 533. How do I just get the Eviews mean and median from a panel analysis in a spreadsheet? I do not wan't all the underlying stacked data. Thank you very much.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Panel - mean/median in spreadsheet

Postby EViews Gareth » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:28 am

Open a series, click on View->Descriptive Statistics->Stats table
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Denmarkeco

Postby Denmarkeco » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:52 am

My question concerns Panel Data - where I cannot click on a series. I need to get the varying mean across time shown in a spreadsheet (see attachment - concerning the User Guide figure). It is related to exporting Pooled Data mentioned in the User Guide
EViews Gareth wrote:Open a series, click on View->Descriptive Statistics->Stats table
Attachments
Eviews.pdf
(101.39 KiB) Downloaded 306 times

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:58 am

Either you, or I, or both of us, are confused.

If you have your data in a panel workfile, you can simply open up a series, and click on View->descriptive statistics, as I mentioned above. If you want to view the stats by time (or by cross-section), you can use View->Descriptive Statistics->Stats by Classification, and then use either @obsid or @crossid as the "series/group for classify".
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Denmarkeco

Postby Denmarkeco » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:10 am

Thanks a lot Gareth - it was the last part I was missing about "Stats by Classification". Perfect!
EViews Gareth wrote:Either you, or I, or both of us, are confused.

If you have your data in a panel workfile, you can simply open up a series, and click on View->descriptive statistics, as I mentioned above. If you want to view the stats by time (or by cross-section), you can use View->Descriptive Statistics->Stats by Classification, and then use either @obsid or @crossid as the "series/group for classify".

Return to “Data Manipulation”