unbalanced panel data_beginner steps

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

demANDREAlity

unbalanced panel data_beginner steps

Postby demANDREAlity » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:40 am

Hello to you all friends of EViews,

Firstly, I want to let you know that I'm not really confident with EViews, so please be patient if I ask you some evident questions.
I'm working with an unbalanced panel data and I wanted to know what should I do to use my database without having problems later in the calculations.
What I mean is which kind of workfile structure type should I choose in the creation of my workfile and which options should I put in. Till now I've chosen balanced panel data, even though I'm almost sure of having done the wrong thing. Then, I've inserted the data for the 16 variables in consideration and I tried to start a regression. My attempt was to create a system, but the software tells me that the rule is not defined.
Before going to far with my mistakes I ask you please to help me and to guide me in my steps.
I would be very very greatful!!!

Thank you in advance, hoping to hear from you soon!

demANDREAlity

Re: unbalanced panel data_beginner steps

Postby demANDREAlity » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:19 am

Hello,
I've restructured my work by adapting my excel panel data structure as shown in viewtopic.php?f=7&t=74#p169.
The problem is now, since I use EViews 5, to be sure that EViews recognizes the fact that it is an unbalanced panel. Can I continue or should I modify some parameters?
Thank you for your availability!

Return to “Data Manipulation”