How to convert quarterly data into monthly data

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

cameron

How to convert quarterly data into monthly data

Postby cameron » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:23 pm

Hi,

i want to ask 2 questions,,
1) how to convert from quarterly into monthly data??
2) i want to ask about eviews5 and eviews6, i want to make a graph but it was not working on eviews 6, otherwise it was working on eviews5. And, i want to run unit root test, again it was not working on eviews6 (it saids:"insufficient number of observations for unit root test"), but it was working on eviews5. why this could be happen??

JimForest

Re: How to convert quarterly data into monthly data

Postby JimForest » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:30 pm

I convert quarterly to monthly by storing the series into database and then import into a monthly workfile. But you have to set your conversion method. This is in the documentation. You can use linear interpolation or a spline, etc.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:54 pm

With regards to question 1, simply create a monthly page in your workfile, and then copy the data into the monthly page. As Jim said, it is fairly well documented in the manual.

As for the second question, I think we'd have to see the workfile.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

cameron

Postby cameron » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:50 am

JimForest wrote:I convert quarterly to monthly by storing the series into database and then import into a monthly workfile. But you have to set your conversion method. This is in the documentation. You can use linear interpolation or a spline, etc.

QMS Gareth wrote:With regards to question 1, simply create a monthly page in your workfile, and then copy the data into the monthly page. As Jim said, it is fairly well documented in the manual.

As for the second question, I think we'd have to see the workfile.

thanks for the answer.
i will try it first. :D

Return to “Data Manipulation”