EcoWin and EViews Enterprise

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

fmramos

EcoWin and EViews Enterprise

Postby fmramos » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi all!

I was used to get data from FRED and EcoWin.

I need to reinstall EcoWin recently. Now, I can get data to Excel (XLA plugin) and directly from that software. But now I'm having problems to get info to EViews.

The configured 'default' at EViews to open EcoWin. The menu appears to me to select what series I need. But when I click 'add', the following message appears as a EViews pop-up:

"Download Error: EcoWin library error: 'Licensed database list invalid'".

I sent Thompson/Reuters a message and they said they only support the Excel addin. I could download series to Excel and then, by a .prg, import to EViews. but I would have to change lots of series. I'd appreciate if u cold send me some help about this issue.

Tks in advance,

Fabio

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Re: EcoWin and EViews Enterprise

Postby EViews Jason » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:24 pm

We are currently looking into the problem. We will keep everyone posted when we find more information.

UPDATE:
We have located the problem and are working with EcoWin in getting the issue resolved as soon as possible.

maren

Postby maren » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:00 am

This is now an issue for me also. I have massive amounts of code using Eviews/Ecowin and since 10-March, nothing works. It still works for my colleagues with similar setups though. Can I do anything to resolve the issue?

Now it works :-) Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:32 am

The issue has been fixed. Happy EcoWin data fetching for all.

Note that it was a problem with the EconWin servers, which they have fixed. There is no EViews patch for the fix.

Return to “Data Manipulation”