Datastream "logged out" everyday

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

blb22

Datastream "logged out" everyday

Postby blb22 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:18 am

Hi,

I have Eviews 10 and currently connect to the Datastream Online Database.

But every day when i open up Eviews it asks me to input my Datastream credentials again. Is there a way to save them somehow, because it prevents programmes from running automatically.

Thanks

Ben

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Re: Datastream "logged out" everyday

Postby EViews Jason » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:31 am

Does your program start with opening the Datastream database via the 'dbopen' command?

If it does not, try adding it before any fetch calls and do the below as well.

If it does, as part of the options list you can add your credentials. http://www.eviews.com/help/helpintro.html#page/content/commandcmd-dbopen.html

For example,

Code: Select all

dbopen(t=datastream, username=myusername, password=mypassword)

If you wish not to include the credentials in the program, add Datastream to your database registry (Options->Database registry...) and at the beginning of your program add the dbopen call but unlike the above call use the database alias instead of the full specification.

dbopen datastreamalias

DBW

Postby DBW » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:08 am

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem as the user above, and have tried the solutions suggested but without any success.

I've set up my PC to run a series of programs overnight, and this issue is causing it to fail. Do you have any more thoughts on why this could be happening?

Thanks.

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:44 am

If you added Datastream to your Database registry, at the beginning of your program adding the line

dbopen datastreamalias

should resolve the issue.

If you are still experiencing issues send me an email to jason@eviews.com and we can figure out what is going on.

Return to “Data Manipulation”