How to plot

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

maianq

How to plot

Postby maianq » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:26 am

hello eviewshelpers,

I have a problem with a plot and I dont know where to look for help. I have a time series of monthly growth rates x from 2000m1 till 2019m2. I would like to create a plot that should look like this:
1) on the x axis the months (jan to dec or 1 to 12) and on the y axis the growth rates that were registered in the months of january, february in this period ( a dot plot of all the growth rates for the corresponding months).

2) on top of this I would like to plot a line connecting all AVERAGE growths for each month.

What I have tried:
1) I created 12 series of growths for each month of the year. Then I converted these series into vectors and grouped them in a matrix. by showing a dot plot of the matrix, I can create the plot I wanted .
2) then I can create a vector of average growths

But i dont find a way to plot the matrix (in dot plot) and a vector (line) on top of that.

Is there any other way I can get to the graph i want? Or can you help me on hte path that I already tried?

THank you !!!

Return to “Data Manipulation”