Importing panel data from Excel into Pool

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

yxwu

Importing panel data from Excel into Pool

Postby yxwu » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:11 pm

I compiled a data set with 43 countries from 1982-2013 on five variables. After creating a pool with guided procedures, I got all the entries in the pool but only the first nation has the numerical values imported and all the other nations don't show any numerical values except for NAs. In my work file, it shows the data range as 1982 2013 multiplied by 43 with 1376 observations, and sample only ranging from 1982-2013 - 1376 observations. I am pretty frustrated about this and wondering about why there is only one nation's data being imported while the folders of all other nations did show up in the work file but no numerical entries! Any instructions will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Importing panel data from Excel into Pool

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:57 pm

Without knowing the exact structure of the incoming data (or, even better, seeing the file), and knowing exactly what you did, it is impossible to say where you went wrong.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

yxwu

Postby yxwu » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:15 pm

Thank you for the reply. I am now attaching the EView workfile for you to take a detailed look at what went wrong, hoping you can give your advice. I would greatly appreciate it. Please see the attached file named as 19TradeTerms.WF1. Thanks a lot in advance!
Attachments
19TradeTerms.WF1
(2.35 MiB) Downloaded 263 times

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:33 am

Thanks.

Unfortunately, we would need to see the file that you're trying to import, along with details of exactly what you're doing.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Data Manipulation”