command history in series

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

frankhespeler

command history in series

Postby frankhespeler » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:51 am

Dear forum, I manipulate some series several time in sequence. However, when I open the spreadsheet of the transformed series, I can only see the last three transformations in the label rows.Wwould it be possible to change the settings, so that I can see all transformation conducted? many thanks

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: command history in series

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:54 am

I think the history is set to the last 6 changes, and that is hard coded - no way to change it.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

frankhespeler

Postby frankhespeler » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:43 pm

Are you sure about the number 6 for the transformations documented? Or could it be that the number of rows available for reporting transformations is set to 6 implying that potentially only 3 transformations are reported? Despite conducting quite a lot of transformations, I find in each series only the last three reported.

EViews Matt
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Matt » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:27 pm

Hello,

There is a limit of six lines of history information following the topmost "Last updated" entry. However, lengthy update expressions span two lines. In practice, you'll see between the last three to six changes made, but no more than six lines total.

Return to “Data Manipulation”