Not sure about the equation

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

Amber12

Not sure about the equation

Postby Amber12 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi Everybody. I am a student getting used with Eviews and refreshing my statistics knowledge. There are two series: FGPA and SATM scores of 10 students. I have to investigate how far the FGPA scores of these students can be explained in terms of their SATM scores. Then I am asked to regress the FGPA scores on a constant and SATM and compute a, b and s^2.

What I did, and I'm not sure if I considered right the dependent and independent I typed the equation as satm c fgpa. Is that correct?

I also need to perform 5% significance test on a and b; construct 95% interval estimates for alfa and beta; make a point prediction of the FGPA score for a student with SATM score equal to 6.0 and construct a 95% prediction interval; and discuss the conditions needed to be confident about these predictions.

So far I know that for confidence intervals I can View/Coefficient Diagnostics/ Confidence Intervals. However, anything I would solve from the requirements depends on how correct is my equation.

I would be really grateful for any help with the above problem.

startz
Non-normality and collinearity are NOT problems!

Re: Not sure about the equation

Postby startz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:18 pm

In EViews, the dependent variable goes first.

Amber12

Re: Not sure about the equation

Postby Amber12 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:02 pm

So it should be then FGPA c SATM?

Return to “Data Manipulation”