Importing a file

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

jagardn1

Importing a file

Postby jagardn1 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:45 pm

Hello, I am taking an Econometrics class and we are using EViews. I have been following along in the book (Introductory Econometrics for Finance, 3rd ed.) with step by step instructions on how to use it, but it is asking me to import a file I cannot find (UKHP.XLS). I have looked through all of the folders that were downloaded with the program and cannot find it. I even used the search feature. Can you please help? The only thing I can think of is that the book was printed in 2016 and talks about using EViews version 8 and I downloaded version 9. Was hoping it would still have all the same directories/files though. Im not the most computer savvy, so if you have any ideas or know what I'm doing wrong, I would appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks!

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Importing a file

Postby EViews Gareth » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:05 pm

That file is not provided by EViews, so is most likely provided by the text book. You'll have to check with the publisher.

Or just try doing a Google search for the name of the file.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Data Manipulation”