Macrobond - importing labels

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

tvonbrasch

Macrobond - importing labels

Postby tvonbrasch » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:33 am

Hi
I have trouble importing labels from the Macrobond database using the commands provided at

https://help.macrobond.com/add-ins/the-macrobond-eviews-add-in/

Can you take a look at the following code and let me know how it should be changed so as to import the label for say convertion from high to low frequencies (Convert_HiLo)?

Code: Select all

wfcreate(wf=macro,page=d) d(1,7) 1970 2025
     dbopen(type=macrobond) xx as mb
     fetch(d=mb,link) norate0001
     norate0001.label(Convert_HiLo)

Thomas

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Macrobond - importing labels

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:49 am

Not sure what you're asking. When you fetch from Macrobond, the field for Convert_HiLo is already set by them.

If you wish to change the default frequency conversion method for the series, you can do so by changing it on the Properties dialog of the series, or using series.setconvert.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

tvonbrasch

Postby tvonbrasch » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:54 am

I misunderstood, i thought i had to get the labels to manually instruct eviews about the frequency conversion method. unfortunately, macrobond only converts by taking sums or the last value when going from high to low:

For series that have Class = “Flow”, these are Convert_HiLo=sum and Convert_LoHi=const_s. Otherwise they are Convert_HiLo=last and Convert_LoHi=const_a.

so for many series i must manually override the frequency conversion setting.
Thomas

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:10 am

Just to be clear, you can specify the frequency conversion method to be used during the fetch using the 'c=' option. See http://www.eviews.com/help/helpintro.html#page/content%2Fcommandcmd-fetch.html for more details. This will change values of the series in the workfile.

If you change the frequency conversion method on the series after it has already been fetched into the workfile(which is what your original example was doing) you will only see the effect of this change when you copy the series in your workfile to another workfile or workfile page.

tvonbrasch

Postby tvonbrasch » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:11 am

Hi Jason

Thanks for that info. Good idea to include the option in the fetch command. What I have done so far is to import a series into a page in the same frequency as the underlying series in Macrobond, and then afterwards converting it to other frequencies within Eviews.
Thomas

Return to “Data Manipulation”