Groups and Database names

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

saranya

Groups and Database names

Postby saranya » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:05 am

I am trying to create a group
however, the database name of which this series was initially part of is also appearing as the series name in the group. Is there a way to get rid of the database name?

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Groups and Database names

Postby EViews Gareth » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:07 am

Can you post more details?
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

saranya

Postby saranya » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:35 am

I used the fetch command to get data from Haver Database. I have around 30 variables- which are part of various databases within Havers such as G10, EMERGE etc. now when I create a group, the variables are listed as g10:Variable_Code, Emerge: Variable_code, etc.

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:51 am

It sounds as though the Haver databases have been added to your database registry. When using the database registry, you can specify series from specific databases using the syntax database_alias:series_name. "g10:Variable_Code" for example, denotes the series Variable_Code from database 'g10'.

With that being said, a lot of different things can be happening and it is not clear as to what is happening and what the problem is.

How are you creating the group? Is it via command or the user interface?

If it is via command, what is that command?

If it is via the user interface, the group should initially be empty. In which case, you would have to add the members. How are you adding the series members?

You mentioned, you are using the fetch command. What is the full fetch command being used? Fetch will not add members to a group.

If you are using a program, please post the program or send it to support@eviews.com and reference this thread.

Return to “Data Manipulation”