Seasonal adjustment

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

eviewsnc

Seasonal adjustment

Postby eviewsnc » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:45 am

Hi all,

A quick question on seasonal adjustment in Eviews.

I was looking to seasonally adjust a quarterly series, however I would like the annual (i.e. four quarter sum) total of the seasonally adjusted series to be the same as the original raw series.

I am using code along the following lines, where pcgr is the raw, non-seasonally adjusted series.

pcgr.x12 pcgr_x12

I'm not particularly concerned with whether I use X12 vs X13 etc, I'd just like a method so that I can easily apply this option.

Kindest Regards,

saranya

Re: Seasonal adjustment

Postby saranya » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:04 am

I don't think there is a direct way to do it. you can initially seasonally adjust the series and ensure that it equals the annual (four quarter sum) by equally distributing the residual to the series.

eviewsnc

Re: Seasonal adjustment

Postby eviewsnc » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:42 am

saranya wrote:I don't think there is a direct way to do it. you can initially seasonally adjust the series and ensure that it equals the annual (four quarter sum) by equally distributing the residual to the series.

Thanks saranya, I was hoping there would be some automatic option but it appears not.

Many thanks for the reply.

Return to “Data Manipulation”