import data on panel workfile

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

giovanna_scarchilli

import data on panel workfile

Postby giovanna_scarchilli » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:43 am

Dear all,
I am trying to build a panel workfile in order to have variables that shows observations in 82 quarters for 25 countries.
Even if the post in that link viewtopic.php?t=74 is really clear, and I managed to create several panel workfiles, this time I'm not succeeding in doing it.

If I apply the first method indicated in the link: I have problems with date in the panel.
Moreover this undated panel has too many observations.
When I try to set the date using the country variable (var01) to indicate cross-identities and the date variable to indicate time, it says the following: "indicies do not uniquely identify observeations. 51168 duplicate date(s) found. create CELLID series to identify observations."

I really don't know how to solve this problem.

If I apply the third approach, the one that in the first page of import shows all year' series, when I do the unstaking with respect to the variable, it cannot proceed in doing it and appears to me this text: "id series do not uniquely identify workfile observations"

I have no idea how to overcome this problems.
I also noticed that when I create my panel workfile it creates two series for date, one called DATEID the other with the name I give it while importing. This extravariable doesn't appear in the pictures shown by Eviews Gareth in the link, I don't know if this can be the cause of the huge amount of observations that I have in the first case
trial panel gmm.wf1
(3.22 MiB) Downloaded 271 times
trial panel gmm.wf1
(3.22 MiB) Downloaded 271 times

I wuld be really grateful if somebody would help me
thanks in advance
Giovanna

giovanna_scarchilli

Re: import data on panel workfile

Postby giovanna_scarchilli » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:57 am

I add more informations:
the panel should represent an augmented solow model whose variables are GDP, investment rate, (popgrowth+technology+depreciation), human capital

What I need to do is a panel gmm estimation of the solow regression.
so I need to create a working page in which I have the varaibles of the regression (staked for time and country).

Hope somebody can help me in create the final page from which I can start the estimation.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: import data on panel workfile

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:38 pm

Probably easier if you provide the original data file - both those approaches seem to have screwed up.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Data Manipulation”